R.D. Public school School strongly believes that students need an ordered, structured environment in which discipline is seen to be firm but fair. School rules are based on courtesy, common sense, personal safety and are designed to support learning. The highest standards of behaviour and dress are expected and the school will deal firmly with students who behave unacceptably or fail to work satisfactorily.
The following school rules are based on common sense and good practice:
- Students should be polite and courteous to staff, each other and visitors.
- Students are expected to be punctual for school and lessons.
- Full school uniform is to be worn
- Smoking is strictly forbidden – both at school and while travelling to and from school.
- No non-school uniform (Coats, jumpers, hoodies,etc) are to be worn in the school buildings.
- Mobile phones and other electronic equipment may only be used before school, at break and lunch times and only in the specifically designated “Phone Zones” (field, patio, canteen). Any items seen inside the buildings will be confiscated and kept securely.
- The school does not allow jewellery to be worn (ie rings and necklaces). It will, however, accept the wearing of one small gold or silver stud in each earlobe but will not accept responsibility for it when it must be removed for sport. Facial and tongue piercings are not acceptable on grounds of health and safety. Students who break the rule and wear jewellery will be told to remove it. The school will not accept responsibility for safe keeping of jewellery that students have had to remove.
- Students are expected to behave at all times so that they bring credit upon the school. This particularly refers to travelling to and from school, especially on public transport and on the school buses. Students may be banned from the school bus for anti-social behaviour.
- The school will not accept responsibility for personal items lost at school.
- Students are not allowed to ride, or bring, skateboards or scooters to school.